I'm On Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, January 20, 2017

Do You Wanna Build A Snowman



Good Morning! I thought I would show off a different type of craft today - New year, something new, right?  I wanted to show you this adorable little snowman that I made as a Christmas Gift for a co worker.  I actually made several, in different color combinations. This is just one of them. (Silly me forgot to take pics of the others. I am just now getting a chance to post the pic, now that the holidays are over and things have settled down.

This cute little guy is made entirely of different types of socks, with the exception of his face, which is made from buttons. I've also used a cluster of gold glittery balls and greenery, to embellish his hat.  I've named this little fella Herbie.  WHy? I have no idea - He just looks like a Herbie to me. :D

I decided to enter this cutie in some challenges. *DISCLAIMER* I did attempt to look over the challenge rules for each of these blogs.  I entered only in challenges that did NOT specify it had to be a paper craft or use a stamp or markers. I apologize, if I've entered in a challenge that only allows paper crafts. If that is the case, please let me know and I will be sure to mark that on my list of challenges. It is never my intention to enter challenges where the craft type is not accepted.


I am entering this handmade snowman in the following challenges:

Challenge #54 Anything Goes at Get Creative Challenges
Challenge #239 Three of A Kind (Buttons) at Crazy Challenge
Challenge #77 Anything Goes at Inky Chicks
Anything Christmas at Eclectic Ellapu *
Challenge #145 Anything New at Deep Ocean Challenge
Anything Goes - January at Crafting By Designs
Celebrating January (winter) at The Sisterhood of Crafters
Challenge #120 Anything Goes at Inspiration Destination
Challenge #143 Anything Goes Crafting From The Heart
Chill Out at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Challenge #337 Something New (New Idea, New Supplies) at My Time To Craft
Good ;Ole Winter at Come and Get It Challenge
Challenge #50 Anything Goes at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Challenge #182 Photo Inspiration (Winter - Bundled Up) at PINspirational Challenge
TTCRD 1-17-17 Anything Goes at Through The Craft Room Door
Anything That Shines (Embellishment on Hat) at Crafting By Designs
CHNC #316 Anything Christmas at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge *
Challenge #333 Anything Goes at Crafty Creations
Challenge #399 Christmas at C.R.A.F.T

16 comments:

  1. Hi there Sammibug ... goodness but it's been a long time since my last visit! Hope you are well! This is adorable! How creative ... I'm sure your coworker LOVED it ... I sure do! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Celebrate January’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super winter project and he certainly suits being called Herbie. We hope you join us again at Come And Get It, Carolg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 316 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for January - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cute. He actually does look like Herbie from Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. We must be sisters. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun little character. A delightful gift! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafting with the Heart. Hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs, Sandy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Herbie is an adorable snowman. What a pity you didn't get to photograph the other ones you created! Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous interpretation of our challenge theme and such an adorable project...it's gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute project!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun project thanks for playing Crafting by Designs challenge love and hugs Carole DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This snowman is an adorable project. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges} Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO cute snowman. Thank you for sharing with us at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs, Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is great! Thanks for joining us at TTCRD xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome. What a lovely gift to give to someone. I bet they were thrilled.
    Good to have you sharing with us at CRAFT this week.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute snowman. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hope to see you back soon again. Anna-Karin DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. What adorable handmade gifts, and such a creative alternative use for socks!
    (And your title gave me quite the earworm)
    Thanks for joining Eclectic Ellapu’s December challenge!

    -DT NieNie

    ReplyDelete