I'm On Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Without You, There's No Color In My Life



This card was inspired by the sketch and challenge at Twisted Sketches.

I was driving down the road one night, on my way to work, thinking about card ideas, when the sentiment came to me...."Without you, there is no color in my life." (It's so strange sometimes, the things we are doing, when a creative idea comes to us!) The next morning, I stopped on my way home from work and bought some black & white paper, and this card came out of my head and onto paper. I love the elegant look of black and white cards, and the sentiment seemed to fit perfectly.

All Items to create the card are from my stash, except the new paper. The rose image is from Birds Cards. The rose in the center is pop dotted to add dimension.


I have entered this card in the following challenges:

Twisted Cards #007 Black & White with sketch at Twisted Sketches
Patterned Paper at Practical Scrappers
Challenge #17 You're On My Mind at Simple Doodles
Challenge #18 Make It Pop At Doodle Palace
Challenge #35 Pick Two or More at Inky Impressions
Challange #95 Flower Power at Stampavie
Unused Stash at ABC
Challenge #31 Monochromatic at Kaboodle Doodles
Challenge #20 3D at Charisma Cardz
April Showers Bring May Flowers at ClearlyIStamp
Week #30 Something New challenge at Bee Crafty

15 comments:

  1. What an awesome card and sentiment. It is truly amazing where inspiration comes from! Thanks so much for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week! You really did a FAB job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this monochromatic card. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammibug, what a beautiful card!!! I love black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a pretty black&white card!! i love it!
    thank you so much for playing with us this week at Practical Scrappers!

    hugs
    Sasya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job...I love the rose! Thanks for playing with us at Twisted Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a striking card, it's lovely. Thanks for playing with us at Kaboodles. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love the elegance of this one!
    Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sammibug this is so elegant. I love the rose and the background is beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Twisted Sketches. x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous 3-D project, so pretty. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card!

    Thank you for joining us at Stampavie and More!

    Hugs from Germany,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elegance, love it,
    Thanks for joining us in our monochrome challenge this week at Kaboodle Doodles,
    Hugs
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your monochromatic card! Beautiful work! Thanks for playing along with us at Inky Impressions! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card, LOVE the black and white!! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!

    ReplyDelete