I'm On Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Its A Mermaid!



This card was my first attempt at coloring the entire image with my new Prismacolor Art Markers. I really like how the coloring came out. For this card, I used the sketch from Creative Card Crew. The image is from Epiphany. I wanted to go with a simple card for this image, because I wanted the relaxing image and colors to be the focal point of the card. The paper is from My Mind's Eye. I used skittles, from my stash, dyed with Tim Holtz gold alcohol ink mixative, as the embellishemnts.


I've entered this card in the following challenges:

Challenge #50 Sketch Challenge at Creative Card Crew
Color Challenge at Design Dollies
U is For Unused Stash at ABC
Patterned Paper challenge at Practical Scrappers
Challenge #14 Anything Goes at Crafty Ann's
Challenge #30 Round and Round at Totally Gorjuss
Challenge #8 Seeing Spots at Meljen's Designs
Challenge #8 The Outdoors at Crafty Calender

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, thank you for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card - your colouring is beautiful thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card - you did great with the coloring! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh i love this one ;)) gorgeous!
    thank you for playing this week at MelJens designs challenge :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOO! Great image to use with the color combo! It turned out great! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs in our Spots & Dots challenge this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you had FUN with those markers, Sammi! i love my Prisma pencils, so now you have me all curious about the markers! thanks so much for playing with the Dollies again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now isn't this just a perfect card for Meljen's spots and Dots challenge? Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Thank you for joining us for the Meljen’s Designs challenge. We hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete